This section is created as a tutorial for those interested in understanding abdominoplasty. Topics covered include the following:
- What is an abdominoplasty?
- Abdominoplasty – The Different Types
- Abdominoplasty – The Recovery – The Way I Do It Now…
- Abdominoplasty – The Recovery – The Way It is Usually Done…
- Abdominoplasty – As You Heal
The types of abdominoplasties discussed include:
- Standard abdominoplasty with “umbilical re-positioning”
- Standard abdominoplasty with a “floated umbilicus“
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Circumferential abdominoplasty
When I see patients in consultation for abdominal recontouring, I spend a fair amount of time with them to educate them. In an effort to enhance the patients understanding of what I am describing, I thought that a more detailed visual aid would be worthwhile, one that could be reviewed by the patient prior to meeting with me. That is how this section came to be. I have made extensive use of illustrations that I created with my medical illustrator, Kathleen Gebhart, to enhance the readers understanding of the textual information. I strongly encourage anyone considering undergoing this procedure to read through the information contained within so as to have not only a better understanding of the procedure, but this knowledge will enhance the value of your consultation experience with your surgeon. In short, reading the information I prepared here will be time very well spent.