Updated: May 15, 2020
Information on Office Status
We will resume seeing patients in the office Monday, May 18, 2020.
Under the guidance from public health authorities and our professional societies, we have put in place many measures to ensure the health and safety of our patients and our staff in order to safely resume patient care.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
• Please let us know if you are experiencing fever, cough, runny nose or have been exposed to someone in the previous 14 days who tested positive for COVID so that we can reschedule your appointment.
• Should you prefer, we will still be offering virtual consultations.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO PROTECT US ALL:
• We will initially open Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
• Our staff will show proof of health before returning to work & have daily temperature checks.
• Staggered appointments and staffing to ensure social distancing.
• Our entire team will be wearing masks and our doctors/nurses will be wearing N95 masks and Face Shields.
• We will have hand sanitizers available throughout the office.
• Examination rooms will be sanitized and disinfected after each patient visit. A sign on the door will note same.
ARRIVING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT:
• You MUST arrive wearing a mask. Depending on your appointment, we may ask you to keep your mask on during your entire visit.
• We will screen our patients for COVID-19 upon your arrival and you will have your temperature taken with a non-contact thermometer.
• Social distancing will be observed in our waiting room and front desk.
• We will also exercise all appropriate COVID-19 protocol & we are ready to do so when the NY Department of Health gives us permission to proceed with elective surgery. We are hopeful that this will occur in June.
• AESTHETICIAN SERVICES:
Our aesthetician, is under a separate directive in New York. As of now, she cannot return to work. We will send out a separate eblast as soon as we know she is able to begin seeing patients again.
I have remained in touch with the American Society of Plastic Surgeon, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (The Aesthetic Society), New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons, as well as monitoring all their recommendations for safe re-entry into practice. I have also been reviewing safety guidelines from both the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation, as well as the CDC website and its recommendations and those of several other organizations as well. I have reviewed all directives from the Department of Health and executive orders from Governor Cuomo, in addition to monitoring Governor Cuomo’s daily press conferences so as to obtain the latest information regarding when we can resume all our services, both surgical and non-surgical. I am also obtaining all the necessary PPE equipment for my office facility so that patient and staff safety will be the highest possible.
I know that this is a frustrating time and many of you have concerns about safety. Rest assured, I never have, and never will compromise on patient safety. My staff and I have created numerous policies and protocols to ensure everyone’s safety and well being, which is first and foremost. My office continues to stay in touch with patients who have upcoming surgeries and other procedures scheduled, and will make necessary adjustments in the schedule so that every patient will be provided with the services they so desire at the earliest possible time. We are working behind the scenes to ensure the smoothest transition possible. We greatly appreciate everyone’s patience during this difficult time.
We are continuing to monitor the situation throughout every day. While we are hopeful for resuming surgery in June, should this not be the case, Maryellen will be remain in close contact with everyone to make certain that their needs are promptly addressed for re-scheduling. A lot depends upon how successful Long Island is meeting the required metrics as set forth by the government of the state of New York.
New and existing patients who would still prefer to schedule a Virtual or in-person consultation or follow-up visit are welcome to call us at 631-689-1100 or email Maryellen [email protected]
Practices and Measures Being Taken
We know that at the very minimum, this crisis has caused many patients a great deal of inconvenience with regard to appointment re-scheduling and temporary in-availability of some services that we perform. For some of you, this crisis has resulted in the loss of those close to you and for that our hearts go out to you for your loss. Please understand that everything we are doing is about protecting the health and safety of everyone, both patients and staff.
We are screening all patients for current illness and travel and it should be understood that if a patient has had a fever, traveled to any of the designed red zone (China, Japan, Iran, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City, & South Korea) or has come in close contact with anyone who has, we will schedule a virtual consultation.
We will continue to provide updates regarding COVID-19 and our plans to resume normal activities on our web site epsteinplasticsurgery.com, by email and on our Instagram @drmarkepstein and our Facebook facebook.com/MarkEpsteinMD/ pages. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this difficult time and very much look forward to seeing you again soon.
We appreciate your trust and look forward to seeing you again soon; together, we will get through this safely!
Mark D Epstein MD FACS
Center for Aesthetic Surgery