This flowchart shows the decision making process that I use to determine whether a patient needs a full (standard abdominoplasty), a mini-abdominoplasty, or an umbilical float abdominoplasty. If there is excess fat on the abdominal skin that will remain after the excess is removed, then liposuction is added, regardless of the procedure chosen. If there is excess skin around the flanks that needs to be removed, then an extended or circumferential procedure is needed in addition to a standard abdominoplasty.
Sections - Abdominoplasty Types
- Why Do We Need Different Types Of Abdominoplasty?
- Standard Abdominoplasty With “Umbilical Re-Positioning”
- Standard Abdominoplasty with a “Floated Umbilicus”
- Extended Abdominoplasty
- Circumferential Abdominoplasty “Belt-lipectomy”
- Flowchart – How to Select an Abdominoplasty Procedure