Abodminoplasty is not a “one size fits all” type of surgical procedure. There are several different versions of the procedure: Standard abdominoplasty, mini-abdominoplasty, abdominoplasty with an umbilical float, extended abdominoplasty and circumferential abdominoplasty. Any abdominoplasty can also be combined with liposuction as well. As every individual has unique anatomy and tissue characteristics, the specific surgical approach needs to be tailored to the specific requirements of the patient. Selecting the incorrect technique can result in unsatisfactory results.
This section addresses the unique surgical approach of each of the different variations in abdominoplasty and helps you understand how to select the technique that is best for you.
Sections - Abdominoplasty Types
- Why Do We Need Different Types Of Abdominoplasty?
- Standard Abdominoplasty With “Umbilical Re-Positioning”
- Standard Abdominoplasty with a “Floated Umbilicus”
- Extended Abdominoplasty
- Circumferential Abdominoplasty “Belt-lipectomy”
- Flowchart – How to Select an Abdominoplasty Procedure